Client Services Pension Analyst
The Client Services Pension Analyst supports the Client Services Pension Team Leaders and clients by serving as a subject matter expert and as a technical systems resource for the defined benefit plans.
To fulfill this role, the Analyst will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the Defined Benefit rules and regulations.
- Answering queries from participants and clients via, phone, email, letters, or case management tickets. Query resolutions consist of but not limited to pension calculations, updating participant records, and processing payments while adhering to the procedures, productivity, and quality standards.
- Manage individual participant requests as well as plan level data processing and analysis.
- Complete and peer review pension calculations for plan participants who are initiating their retirement benefit.
- Review Plan Documents to assist with research and build plan specific knowledge
- Ensure that all items are processedaccurately and withinagreed upon time standards
- Communicate with the Client when needed for participant inquiries requiring additional information.
- Partnering with Project Managers and/or Clients on standard project work, including defining project scope and objectives, prepare work plans, executing the project through timely completion, and identifying and escalating if deliverables will not be met.
- Coordinate monthly pension payments with trustee.
- Assist with the testing of the system according to plan provisions and administrative requirements.
- BA/BS degree - math major preferred
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Self-motivated, fast learner, quality conscious, committed to deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills combined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top