Client Services Defined Benefit Analyst
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. For the fourth year in a row, Mercer has been named the World's Best Provider of Pension Plan Administration Services by Global Finance magazine.
The Client Services Defined Benefit Analyst is responsible for the pension administration activities for one to three clients.
To fulfill this role, the Analyst will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the Defined Benefit rules and regulations.
- Manage individual participant requests as well as plan level data processing and analysis.
- Complete and peer review pension calculations for plan participants who are initiating their retirement benefit.
- Review Plan Documents to assist with research and build plan specific knowledge
- Ensure that all items are processed accurately and within agreed upon time standards
- Communicate with the Client when needed for participant inquiries requiring additional information.
- Participate in client specific and Mercer wide project work
- BA/BS degree - math or actuarial sciences major preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Self-motivated, fast learner, quality conscious, committed to deadlines
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top