Client Service Manager - Voluntary Benefits
As a member of the Voluntary Benefits team, the Client Service Manager (CSM) is a critical contributor to achieving a high level of client satisfaction while supporting the overall operational and technical solutions of the practice. The CSM will manage the implementation and ongoing management of new and existing Voluntary Benefit clients, which includes developing and managing project plans, creating client communications, and coordinating resources including carrier integration. The CSM will also support new and existing client sales, collaborate on the RFP process, review client profitability and develop strategies to improve plan participation. Additionally, the CSM will also support the Senior Technical Advisor with the technical solutions strategies by effectively gathering functional and technical requirements, collaborating with the Benefits Administration team, creating and executing on carrier file integration plans, and executing on various technical solutions projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Serve as primary Voluntary Benefits client contact and manage all related day-to-day client maintenance, implementation and renewal activities for multiple clients of various complexities simultaneously.
- Develop, implement and manage project plans outlining tasks, resources, and timelines in conjunction with the client.
- Define the client's scope and effectively manage change and risks throughout the ongoing activities.
- Coordinate and perform all tasks such as plan design, RFP's, contracts, communications, training, testing, enrollment, carrier files, payroll, billing, and ongoing administration.
- Develop renewal presentations including recommendations to improve participation, introduce new products and present annual evaluation trends.
- Complete a revenue/expense analysis for each client to determine profitability viability.
- Track, summarize and present client expense and enrollment statistics.
- Support new business activity with the creation of new client presentations, RFP's and prospecting/selling as needed.
- Address any client or carrier issues in a timely manner to determine root cause while establishing proper resolution.
- Support team members with quality checks of various documents, presentations and files.
- Create effective communication strategies and materials, such as newsletters, benefit summaries and highlight brochures.
- Support Senior Technical Advisor with various system and integration solutions by performing the following:
- Gather and analyze requirements to develop, design and document technical solutions and system enhancements;
- Develop and review functional and technical specifications, test plans, training materials, rollout materials and procedure documents;
- Perform data manipulation, mapping, conversions, and validations utilizing internal systems, external files, Access, and Excel;
- Develop effective test plans and test case scenarios to ensure software enhancements, fixes and data changes will meet specifications;
- Resolve complex and escalated issues and proactively assess risk and develop contingency plans.
- Present at client meetings, Human Resource seminars, and Benefits Fairs.
- Train clients and benefit counselors on benefit plans and enrollment processes.
- Ensure client goals and special projects are met while reporting status to leadership.
- Initiate, promote and implement continuous improvement of procedures, processes, standards and programs to gain cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain skills, knowledge and proficiencies required to be effective in renewal techniques and in support of client strategies, goals and objectives.
- Continually build knowledge and skills to keep pace with market trends.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of account management, client service and/or project management experience in benefits brokerage and insurance, benefits consulting or benefits administration is required.
- Demonstrated ability to gather client requirements, perform data manipulation, and create technical solutions is required.
- Demonstrated Voluntary Benefits knowledge is highly preferred.
- Life and Health License preferred; If not licensed, required to obtain Life and Health License within first 90 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects of various complexity simultaneously, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong project management and client planning skills;
- Proven ability to build rapport while providing superior customer service and maintaining positive relationships with internal teams and client contacts;
- Disciplined in summarizing and reporting status/results regularly;
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent problem analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Possess proactive mindset to seeks information to create effective solutions;
- Ability to present confidently and effectively and think creatively;
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and adapt quickly;
- Skills in coaching, mentoring, teambuilding and motivating others;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Excellent working knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Outlook.
Back to top