Client Service Manager - Consulting, Trion Group, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC. (Multiple Locations: Conshohocken, PA; Chicago, IL; Baltimore, MD)
The Client Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for the tangible day-to-day client support for all services and products delivered to clients in order to align with the strategic vision of our partnership. The CSM's primary responsibilities are to evaluate client benefit plans and design changes, develop and implement solutions to client issues, and participate in a cross functional team to support Producers, Account Managers, and Underwriters in participating in the service delivery within a book of business. This role is a critical contributor to achieving a high level of client satisfaction and retention of the clients.
In addition to the responsibilities of a Client Service Representative (CSR), as described below, a CSM will provide new hire on-boarding training and ongoing job training and mentoring to Client Service Representatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Review of client insurance contracts, amendments SBC's and other documents, to ensure compliance and appropriate documentation;
- Collect data and documents, review and complete compliance and renewal checklists for assigned clients;
- Interpret plan documents to answer client questions;
- Manage the enrollment portal process (if applicable), meet quality and timing objectives, and effectively communicate resolution of issues ;
- Participate in benefits administration client conference calls (if applicable)
- Work directly with Communications Specialist to develop newsletters/guides and/or highlights brochures, benefit summaries, and enrollment presentations, create other client materials as needed;
- Review and revise benefit materials, communicating benefit updates and changes to clients and their employees;
- Keep all aspects of CRM (Client Relationship Management system) and Trion Issues Management System (TIMS) up-to-date;
- Create and maintain paper and online files for all clients
- Coordinate special projects, including, dependent eligibility audits, claim audits and benefits statements;
- Coordinate and support needs generated by the Compliance Department such as, but not limited to, review form 5500 data requests;
- Coordinate non-discrimination testing with the Compliance Department;
- Work directly with carriers to resolve disputed claim and eligibility issues for clients and their participants;
- Manage the issue resolution process, meet quality and timing objectives and effectively communicate resolution issues;
- Manage and track stop loss claim reimbursements;
- Answer and respond to in-bound phone calls from participants; make return calls resulting from voice-mail; respond in writing to participant email requests and resolve other participant-level issues as needed;
- Generate and distribute Medicate Part D participant notices to clients;
- Coordinate with Client to ensure Federal Benefit Plan Notices are communicated to employees
- Prepare the benchmarking analysis for assigned clients based on parameters provided by the Account Manager;
- Analyze impact of new federal and state regulations on clients' benefits plans and provide guidance to clients;
- Draft renewal and strategy documents and assist in presenting to clients;
- Make decisions concerning open enrollment timing, procedures and documentation;
- Coordinate and conduct open enrollment meetings;
- Manage all activities required to properly implement and service new business;
- Manage vendor relations and activities during plan changes and for ongoing service;
- Manage and prioritize work requests.
- Maintain a client open items log/agenda
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably within Risk Management, Insurance, Human Resources or general Business;
- Prior internship or a minimum of 1 year of experience in a benefits brokerage, consulting, or insurance industry is preferred;
- Effective analytical, math and problem solving skills, sound judgment, strong decision making ability, confidence to make difficult decisions and excellent communication skills;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to translate big picture ideas into client objectives.
- Active Life and Health License preferred, if not licensed must obtain license within first 90 days of employment.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top