Client Manager - Employee Health & Benefits - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Overland Park, KS
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Client Manager works with Client Management Team and Producer/Consultant to maintain relationships with client decision-maker(s) and their designated point person(s). With collaboration from Client Executive(s), the Client Manager facilitates marketing efforts and produces/oversees accurate and timely analysis preparations amongst other various service activities, including new business and renewal negotiations either online or within internal MMA systems.
- • Facilitates marketing strategy for each renewal and produces accurate, client-facing deliverables for Client Executive peer review
- • Familiarity with and knowledge/experience working with various funding contracts within regional demographics
- • Utilization reporting - Understanding and experience working within various carrier reporting systems to navigate and download necessary data, import into MMA reporting templates, and ability to understand and communicate on trends to watch specific to client's data
- • Investigates and answers client inquiries regarding benefits coverage
- • Gathers information from clients to use in underwriting efforts
- • Assists Client Executive in the negotiation of benefits coverage and service that matches client needs
- • In collaboration with the Client Executive, advises clients of their benefit plan options and rates to collaboratively develop client strategy for coverage
- • Processes plan set up with carriers, either new case submissions or renewal plan/carrier changes alongside Client Executive
- • Strong presentation skills - Develops benefit communications and presents benefit plans to clients' employees during annual enrollment
- • Discusses benefit options with clients' new employees and assist in the process of their enrollment with carriers
- • Flexible and fluid work style - able to effectively work with multiple Producers/Consultants and/or team members at the same time and successfully manage workloads appropriately
- • Resolves issues with carriers regarding claims of clients' employees, billing, eligibility, etc.
- • Understands and can effectively communicate/discuss legislative updates and compliance issues and assists in materials are up-to-date
- • Meets with clients to promote the Agency's capabilities, as needed
- • Maintains professional development through trade press, training sessions and continuing education programs.
- • Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree in Business, Insurance or Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience with 3 years' insurance experience required. 5+ years' experience preferred.
- • KS/MO Life and Health License required
- • Driver's License and proper insurance required
Special Requirements/ Skills:
- Strong Technical knowledge of benefits insurance coverage
- • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- • Good typing skills: 40-45 wpm
- • Working knowledge of BenefitPoint/ImageRight
- • Ability to use other general office equipment
- • Excellent customer service and phone etiquette
- • Ability to work well in a team environment
- • Exceptional attention to detail
- • Excellent oral, written, and presentation/communication skills
- • Strong time management and organizational skills
- • Typical office environment
- • Minimal overnight travel
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top