The Senior Client Management/Development Consultant is responsible for managing client satisfaction and delivering profitable revenue growth for Global and Strategic accounts by expanding and diversifying the mix of products and services. The client manager will develop, grow and maintain the relationship with global and strategic clients and Mercer with a primary focus on client retention, sales and revenue growth. To fulfill this role, the Senior Consultant will:
- Lead discussions of HR and business issues that lead to insights and actions
- Develop and execute an effective account strategy for complex accounts, partnering with the client team
- Establish relationships with client contacts at all levels with an emphasis on the C-suite
- Facilitate and influence client decision-making
- Serve as a trusted advisor in addressing complex HR issues
- Lead complex, cross-LOB, cross-geography client teams
- Drive process for team information sharing and coordination
- Implement improvements based on feedback from clients to ensure client satisfaction
- Manage effective commercial relationship with client and team
- Lead development and implementation of sales plans for client portfolio
- Lead complex sales and pursuit planning to expand existing or develop new client relationships, including new LOBs/buyers or Prospects
- Work with the LOBs on market-level go-to-market initiatives such as sales campaigns
- Partner with the LOBs to develop solutions to meet complex client needs; utilize best-in-front LOB resources to maximize opportunities
- Partner with the LOBs to lead and manage complex global and regional projects
- Manage issues proactively and mitigate risks on large, complex projects
- Comply with Mercer policies and procedures and work closely with client team on compliance
- Represent Mercer in local Mercer, industry and client events
- Represent and promote Mercer in community and professional organizations
- Gather, share and develop best practices for relationship management and knowledge of clients, industry and Mercer
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team and others in the market
- Develop leadership skills
- Actively contribute to market/regional initiatives
- A select group of Client Managers may have people development responsibilities
- BA/BS degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 10 to 15 years experience in a consulting environment identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions for clients' complex human resources challenges
- Proven experience in managing, designing and executing all elements of sales and relationship management operations department, program development, sales analysis; translating findings and initiatives into business actions that drive incremental sales and profitability
- Advanced analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- Deep understanding of retirement, investments, compensation, human capital management, communication, health and benefits, outsourcing, and HR technology
- Demonstrated ability to retain and grow revenue through large and complex sales
- Proven ability to build senior executive relationships
- Excellent communication, organization and project management abilities
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top