The Client Manager provides advice and assistance requiring technical and industry knowledge and client service skills to meet client needs and resolve difficulties. Client Managers may occasionally perform in the capacity of a Client Executive Service for specifically assigned accounts to oversee the preparation of and providing renewal and new business presentations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as the initial point of contact for Clients, Carriers and others on the Client Service Team in the following areas:
- RFP review and preparation.
- Analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports and claims data and trends.
- COBRA, HIPAA and coordination of 5500 data.
- Work closely with and instruct carrier representatives to ensure smooth implementation of new plans.
- Ensure required plan information and materials are sent to the client in a timely manner.
• Guide and mentor Benefit Analysts throughout the process of gathering Client census and benefit plan information used to prepare materials for new business presentations, renewals and open enrollment meetings.
- Explain client needs and concerns focusing on how various plan designs and recommendations address those issues.
- Review renewals, new business presentations, and open enrollment materials to ensure they are accurate and complete in content, are compliant with company and regulatory guidelines, and reflect a professional appearance.
- Ensure that client files and documentation are maintained according to policy and procedures, and consistent with Barney & Barney professional standards.
• Develop analytical, customer service and communication skills needed to perform as a Client Executive Service.
- Present to Client Service or Sales Executive the financial measures used to predict and analyze plan benefit costs, and the factors which influence those costs and premium rates.
- Under the guidance of the Client Executive Service, participate in prospect and renewal meetings to learn client needs, challenges and concerns.
- Learn best practices to present renewal outcomes to the client and provide recommendations based on the findings with the ultimate goal being to take on these responsibilities.
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings to communicate benefit options.
- Respond to and resolve routine issues the client may encounter regarding receipt of benefit services and coverage questions.
- Keep Client Executive Service apprised of potential E&O concerns and client dissatisfaction. Strategize with Client Executive Service to develop possible resolutions and proactive solutions to avoid continued or future problems.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top