Claims Executive (1832CASC)
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Claims Executive
Charlotte, NC / Greensboro, NC / Greenville, SC
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle-market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Resolve client coverage and claims service issues by analyzing information, reviewing pertinent documentation, researching policy language and case law, pooling opinions from other experts in the business and making contact with all parties involved to discuss a recommended strategy with the goal of keeping the communication solid between the client and the claims adjuster.
- Work closely with our producers/account executives and managers in our mutual effort to retain clients with superior customer service. Be available to assist producers/account executives and managers in their marketing and prospecting efforts to obtain new business. Serve as a resource to provide coverage opinions and expert knowledge related to matters involving claims and client needs.
- Work with Risk Control Consultants to further our efforts to more fully integrate claims management and loss control initiatives and to educate our clients on the benefits of this integration.Develop solid action plans for our clients to control their total cost of risk. Provide special training for clients as needs are identified. Make clients/prospects aware of any seminars or workshops that could be of benefit to them.
- Serve as a mentor to the claims technician/specialist and assist with the organization, skills and competency of their work flow. Provide daily direction and training to assist with their future development.
- Meet with clients and or carriers/risk control in order to discuss issues, resolve problems, make recommendations and discuss carrier services that will be provided. Work to build a strong relationship between the carrier and the client to achieve positive outcomes. Also strive to maintain strong relationships between carriers and MMA Mid-Atlantic.
- Maintain Professional and Technical competency by attending seminars, workshops, conducting research and focusing on continuing education.
- Market new risk management products that may be beneficial to existing clients and prospects.
- Work closely with account managers so that they as well as the producers/account executives will want to be advocates for Claims. Educateon changes that involve Claim processes and procedures as needed.
- Communicates and interacts with all levels of management, employees and clients.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills; be solution focused and be a change agent for the organizations.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and basic math knowledge and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and excel in effective and positive communications both written and verbal.
- Must be a team player and display resourcefulness to find win-win solutions for our clients, companies, and Agency.
- Demonstrate expertise in coverages, claims adjusting, claims management, and risk management and possesses the ability to anticipate and proactively resolve problems and meet clients' needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management or related field preferred. Administrative experience a plus.
- Knowledge of principles of the insurance and construction industries with a minimum 5 years' experience in the insurance industry.
- P&C License required or ability to obtain within 30 days. Insurance designation or currently working toward achieving - ARM, AIC, CIC, CPCU or CIC or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top