Claims Advocacy Professional - Chicago
If you have Commercial Casualty, General Liability experience within Claims Adjustment, Claims Examination, or all of the above you will be positioned for a long successful career with the Marsh Claims Advocacy team. Apply for the opportunity to reinvigorate your career with Marsh!
As a Claims Advocate you are responsible for providing claims advisory client services independently or in combination with others to ensure the most equitable return on the clients' insurance investment, while minimizing the impact of adverse events on their business. You will serve as an advocate for the client and collaborate with carriers as the expert on complex client engagements and issues.
Essential Functions and Skill Set:
- Evaluates coverage applicability on all Marsh placed business
- Assists client in the development of settlement strategies on casualty claims.
- Facilitates the establishment of clients loss handling instructions with claim administrator
- Executes claim notices to appropriate carriers as directed in Client Service Agreement/Letter of Engagement
- Guidance to clients in direct reporting of routine primary casualty claims to insurers
- Participate in catastrophic claim response as needed
- Facilitate claim reviews and contribute to same with in-depth claim knowledge to help expedite resolution of claims
- Oversight of claims processes to ensure appropriate and timely processing of payments by the carrier or third party administrator
- Liaison to Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) services
- Provide support to Placement and Client Team for the claim administration portion of the renewal process
- Understands insurance program structures as they relate to the claim process and assist Brokerage in renewal and LOC management.
- Competent in use of insurer on-line claim management system for claim evaluation and report creation.
- Reporting of claims using CRU Unit and mClaim in compliance with Marsh's Professional Standards.
- Responsible for proficient use of mClaim as appropriate to store documents and memorialize claim advisory communications and activity by self and team
- Participate in brokerage strategic business plans,including written responses to RFP's and oral presentation of claim services to prospects and clients
- Develop and maintain market relationships at local and senior national levels
- Minimum 3 years of Casualty claims experience & technical knowledge.
- General Liability, Complex, and/or Large Loss Claims experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in required speciality.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Licensing according to company policy or applicable law.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top