Claims Advisor I
- Handles complex issues pertaining to claims complications and claims processes, escalating where necessary, to ensure application of pertinent policy and action calculation of claims rates.
- Generates and reviews claims reports of high complexity to ensure accurate records are produced and distributed.
- Distributes new claims notifications and updates to the team in order to ensure information shared is consistent and clear.
- Files incoming documentation from clients and underwriters, guidance and feedback to colleagues to keep documentation organized.
- Tracks receipt of documentation by mail or phone to ensure operational excellence and to maintain ongoing and professional communication with insurers, clients, and underwriters to ensure that client and insurer-related materials are catalogued, distributed, and readily available to the team.
- Updates high volume of claims information into appropriate claims application(s) and ensures compliance with any local service standards to maintain accurate records for Claims Advisory.
- Creates standard templates for insurance claims forms and reviews templates for effectiveness to ensure consistent deliverables are produced by support staff.
- Calls or writes to insured or other involved persons for missing or supplemental information and posts or attaches information to claim file to ensure proper follow up correspondence is being maintained.
- Identifies potential policies and coverages for incoming claims, performing independent research to seek validation or clarification where necessary to add leverage to Claims Advisory and support claims analysts.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 1 years in administrative role
- MS Office
- Minimum 1 year in the insurance industry
- Minimum 1 year in insurance Claims
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top