Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: This role is accountable for the financial management operations of the organization, to include the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing financial support and leadership in the organization. This role directs and oversees all financial activities including preparation of current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. This will include direct responsibility for finance, forecasting, strategic planning, and ongoing financial leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the CEO, CLT, practice leaders, and MMA team; assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy.
- Participate as a member of CLT and contribute to key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives.
- Engage the senior management around issues, trends, and changes in the business environment and operations.
- Assist in establishing annual objectives, oversee long term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company.
- Participate in the acquisitions process by working with CEO to identify potential targets, assist in financial diligence, onboarding and integration.
- Engage the executive leaders to develop short-, medium- and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Work closely with the MMA finance team on forecasting, budgeting and other MMA initiatives.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial analytics including variance to budget forecast and prior year.
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations based on the analysis.
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new product and service launches).
- Participate in calls and meetings with internal and Corporate Finance teams.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Assist in the implementation and rollout of MMA core systems
- Work with UMW Finance team to oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function and supervise the finance staff.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Serve as point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/Billing issues.
Desired Qualifications :
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- 8+ years of experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required, CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- Insurance industry or professional services experience desired.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of financial forecasting and accounting.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top