Career Executive Compensation Consulting Analyst - Dallas - College Program 2020
WHO WE ARE
We're Mercer - a global strategy consulting leader in health, wealth and career that is consistently recognized as a top 10 consulting employer. Mercer has more than 23,000 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
THE POSITION: Executive Compensation Consulting Analyst
Mercer's Executive Compensation group helps companies design, assess, and execute performance measurement and rewards strategies that reinforce business objectives. We do this by understanding our clients' unique strategies, capabilities, and company cultures, applying our design and analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of global market practices to deliver effective results. Our clients are primarily senior executives and Board members at Fortune 500 companies.
Within this context, we help our clients:
- Analyze company and industry financial performance and calibrate pay levels to performance results
- Align rewards with value-creating business strategies
- Translate business strategies and shareholder expectations into performance measurement and goal-setting systems (e.g., annual and long-term incentive program design)
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and their implications and monitor global market trends
To learn more about Mercer's Executive Compensation practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers/executive-compensation.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Modeling to determine the valuation and financial impact of various cash and equity incentive programs
- Performing financial analyses of industry sectors and client peer groups
- Determining competitive pay positioning through analysis of SEC filings (e.g. proxy statements)
- Collaborating with project team on most effective ways to structure analyses and present information to meet client objectives
- Contributing to the creation of client deliverables
- BBA degree with concentration(s) in finance and/or accounting is highly preferred. Additional concentrations will be considered provided candidate has strong background in finance, accounting, economics, and/or mathematics
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.5 / 4.0)
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits - generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we're looking for you!
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 23,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $15 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, please visit us at:http://careers.mmc.com/and for a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @lifeatmercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top