Career Executive Benefits Intern- Louisville- College Program 2018
POSITION: Executive Benefits Consulting Intern
Mercer's U.S. Executive Benefits Group is a national resource group located in Louisville, Kentucky. Our core services focus on the benchmarking, design, and implementation of executive compensation and benefit plans. We work with all types of companies, including large public companies, private companies, and tax-exempt organizations. We provide best-in-class independent consulting solutions using superior data, intellectual capital, analytic tools, and excellent talent.
A Consulting Intern works in a team to diagnose issues and develop compensation and benefit solutions that meet clients' objectives. In this role, you will work with a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating and learning-filled work environment. You will participate as an integral member of project teams. You will provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support by drawing meaningful conclusions from the data and presenting these observations to consultants. Specifically, you will:
- Research benefit plans as part of ongoing compilation of executive benefit practices
- Work alongside other analysts to complete detailed analysis of prevalence statistics, retirement benefit projections, plan cost projections, and compensation arrangements
- Work in small teams with senior consultants to solve issues and challenges facing our clients
- Provide peer review of analysis and deliverables of other analysts and senior consultants
- Help write and structure client presentations, including proposals, correspondence, reports and other client deliverables
- Participate in internal training and professional development sessions
Qualified candidates for an Executive Benefits Consulting Intern will have:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale preferred
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Excel preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic financial analysis; e.g., basic accounting methodology, discounted cash flow, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity seeking the opportunities to develop new skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team environment under tight deadlines or changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- To be eligible for consideration, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and be willing to relocate to Louisville, Kentucky. Please note that at this time, the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top