Career Consulting Summer Intern - Philadelphia - College Program 2020
- Philadelphia, PA
Career Consulting Summer Intern - Philadelphia - College Program 2020 Who We Are
We're Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 22,600 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people.
The Career Intern is a versatile thinker who leverages intellectual curiosity to work across a broad range of client projects and advance organizations' people strategies. As a Career Intern, you would have the opportunity to work as part of a broader team and gain experience across industries and specialty areas based on your skills and interests. Specialty areas include HR Transformation, Change Management, Talent Strategy, Workforce and Executive Rewards, Strategic Communications, and more. No matter the specialty area, you will be contributing to the core of what we do: solving clients' problems.
If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the Career Intern position at Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people.
Given the diversity of Mercer's client portfolio and specialty areas, we welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Qualified candidates for the Career Intern position will have:
- A fully matriculated student with Junior Class standing preferred, progressing towards a bachelor's degree in:
- Business, HR, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Math, Accounting, or a related Business major AND/OR
- Communications, Journalism, English, Writing, Marketing, or a related Liberal Arts major
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen, as well as creativity and strategic thinking
- Ability to problem solve in a team-oriented business environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to handle multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Exposure to either data analysis and/or business writing is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
As a Career Intern, you can expect to:
1.Work on multiple client projects across industries and specialty areas, supporting project teams in developing nuanced recommendations and strategies to solve clients' problems.
2. Conduct research and analysis to understand industry- and organization-specific issues, including HR trends, business strategy, and corporate performance, leveraging insights to inform client recommendations.
3. Prepare visually dynamic and easily digestible client deliverables.
4. Collaborate with various stakeholders, maintaining strong communication with team members and external vendors in order to ensure smooth project delivery.
5. Effectively prioritize and manage individual assigned tasks independently, delivering work on time and within budget.
At the intern level, you have the opportunity to work on a variety of project types across specialty areas based on your unique strengths and interests. Some examples of the types of projects you would be supporting include:
1. Designing future-state HR structures, determining new processes/employee roles and developing change management strategies.
2. Assisting clients on HR technology implementations, including vendor selection, data standardization, and user training.
3. Developing broad based compensation programs, conducting data analysis to design career frameworks and salary structures that promote equity, engagement, and retention.
4. Evaluating executive compensation to effectively align executive pay to performance through financial modeling and competitive assessments.
5. Developing strategic communications to increase employee education and engagement around their benefits programs.
6. Designing, implementing, and maintaining digital solutions that optimize user experience, including employee-facing benefits/HR websites and knowledge management systems.
7. Creating leadership trainings for clients that identify critical gaps, and designing targeted learning programs that strengthen organizational capabilities.
Back to top