Career Consulting Summer Analyst - College Program 2018
The Mercer Career Consulting Internship is a great way to learn about our culture and meet our people. In this internship, you will be exposed to a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating work environment. You will work across all practice areas and provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support to senior consultants and draw meaningful conclusions from client and market data. You also can expect to:
- Conduct research and analysis to understand industry and organization-specific issues could include: business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, global expansion, and best practices in career management.
- Collect and examine data relevant to developing solutions in the various practices.
- Analyze clients' strategic, financial, and organizational information to provide insights for more senior members of the project team.
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions to develop client recommendations.
- Prepare client presentations, including recommendations presented to boards of directors, executives, senior management, and HR leaders.
- A fully matriculated student with Junior Class standing, progressing towards a bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources or liberal arts.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 consecutive weeks during the summer
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top