Career Consulting MBA Associate - College Program 2018
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine a career that:
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
The first step in your career with Mercer's Career business is as a Career Associate. In this position, you will work with a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating environment, participating as an integral member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions that support clients' success. A Career Associate collaborates with colleagues on numerous and varied projects in a learning-oriented environment and contributes to projects in multiple practice areas.
A Career Associate can expect to:
- Serve as a project manager in collaboration with senior consultants, helping to determine project direction and strategy, developing project timelines and budgets, and managing members on the team
- Write and structure client presentations and communications, including recommendations presented to boards of directors, executives, senior management, and HR leaders.
- Engage with clients as a day-to-day point of contact and as a participant in meetings and presentations.
- Evaluate clients' strategic business objectives and their implications for rewards, leadership, organization performance, and other HR policies and practices.
- Interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from research and analysis conducted by analysts on industry and organization-specific issues, including business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, global expansion, and best practices in career management.
- Working towards completion of an MBA or a master's degree in an HR field
- Significant coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, HR, and accounting.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, HR, corporate communications, accounting, or strategy preferred.
- Project management experience; Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a strong background in Excel required.
- Experience in data analysis, financial modeling, and presentation design.
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top