Business Insurance Producer
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Achieve the sales success you desire and be part of building something that will revolutionize the industry.
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh and McLennan Agency (MMA) helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. MMA's services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect :
- Competitive compensation to reward book growth and cross-sales
- Formal training and mentorship programs
- Renewal income - you don't start at zero every year
- Strategic sales process
- Collaborative sales environment
- Annual sales awards and competition
- Entrepreneurial sales leadership team
- Unmatched, scalable resources elevate your role with the client
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Formalized sales and stewardship processes
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
Our Model :
We provide a far superior service model that allows Producers to grow their book of business exponentially. With us, you will never feel like you've "hit a ceiling". Expertise in multiple sectors, supported by industry vertical programs, assists producers to win more opportunities.
Our Culture :
Our associates have the freedom and flexibility to think and work creatively. We pride ourselves in finding innovative solutions to our client's challenges. We promote the development of the total person, empowering each associate to utilize their unique talents and expand their abilities and expertise. We take it beyond insurance and strive to build strong, lasting relationships with our clients partnering with them as strategic advisors. We hire, train and retain associates who strive for excellence, love a challenge, and have the passion it takes to continuously earn recognition as an expert service provider and top competitor.
Role Overview :
The Business Insurance Producer will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and developing new sales opportunities for MMA. The Producer will solicit and sell new business and return existing clients through the renewal process. Lastly, they will identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities for each applicable area of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Always exhibit MMA core values.
- Develop a comprehensive prospecting plan, including targets and methodology for developing prospects into opportunities.
- Create an adequate number of new business opportunities per business plan.
- Network centers of influence in order to develop new opportunities.
- Achieve new business sales goals annually.
- Understand MMA's value proposition for each opportunity and align the Agency's resources and expertise with individual client sales strategies.
- Maintain strong relationship with clients and prospects.
- Provide service in support of sales duties and build relationships with clients and carriers.
- Assist in selecting carrier partners to receive new business and market current clients.
- Be capable and willing to ask for referral and targeted introduction opportunities from existing clients and COI relationships.
- Participate in preparing proposals and presentations.
- Maintain a high level of client retention annually.
- Provide proactive risk management advice to existing clients and resolve issues effectively.
- Remain current on all technical issues and demonstrate product knowledge, as needed.
- Develop cross-sell opportunities for other MMA divisions.
- Participate in meetings with sales team, as directed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities :
- Networks, develops relationships, builds centers of influences and embraces "warm calling."
- Excellent relationship-building
- Strong communication skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated and possessing an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to understand the needs and requirements of clients to protect their business
- Willing to partner and work with a mentor/coach
- Success-driven, self-starter and reasonable risk-taker
- Proficient use of technology (Microsoft Office Products and Agency Management Systems)
- Flexibility and creativity for developing innovative, customized business solutions
- Ability to negotiate
- Licensed in Property/Casualty and Life/Health
Behavior Standard :
Maintain a positive work atmosphere with clients, coworkers, and management. Perform duties in the best interest of clients.
Working Conditions :
Employee will be working in a fast-paced, multiple-task environment, requiring tolerance for frequent schedule changes and disruption.
Role Requirements :
- Prior sales experience required
- Consultative sales skills- ability to sell on value and not just price
- Prior insurance experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (specialization in Risk Management highly preferred)
- 2-20 FL Insurance License(s)
2015, 2013, 2011 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2015, 2011, 2009 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2018, 2016 AMERICA's BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes
2016 AHA Fit Friendly
2019, 2017, 2016 SOUTH FLORIDA'S TOP WORKPLACES - Sun Sentinel
Back to top