Business Insurance Analyst I (MMA Southwest)
- Austin, TX
JOB TITLE: Commercial Analyst I
JOB TYPE: FLSA Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Services - Business Insurance/Property & Casualty
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process documents necessary to maintain the Client Insurance Program, utilizing agency management system. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Generate surveys and request renewal applications
- Prepare Loss Summaries
- Prepare Proposals for renewal terms
- Initiate Premium Finance Requests
- Issue Certificates of Insurance and Auto ID cards
- Prepare Schedules of Insurance for delivery to client
- Prepare policies for delivery to client
- Process Policy Audits and Monthly Reports
- Identify and resolve Accounting discrepancies
- Create requests for changes to client's coverages
Function as team member of the Agency Workforce to ensure superior service to all MMA Clients. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks assigned as part of the Agency Standard Service Plan
- Attend meetings with Risk Management Team as appropriate.
- Manage client's use of Certificate program, conducting training of client as needed.
- Treat clients, prospects, and company employees with courtesy and respect.
- Contribute to a team approach toward meeting goals and providing excellent client service.
- Coordinate and monitor usage and quality of outsourcing teams
- Demonstrate cooperation and effective communication with clients, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to service clients effectively through problem solving, confidentiality, diplomacy, sensitivity and tactfulness
- Other duties as requested by members of Service Team
Demonstrate the technical expertise to assist in maintaining the Client Insurance Program. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Complete Kaplan Pictorials
- Obtain insurance designations of CISR or equivalent
- Verify accuracy of endorsements and invoice as necessary
- Comprehend Insurance Contract requirements for Certificates
- Communicate with insurance carriers as needed
- Communicate with clients as needed
- Become proficient using premium analysis software.
- Participate in Position Rotation
- Education: College Degree, preferred
- Have or obtain P&C License within 14 days of hire
- 12 to 18 months insurance industry experience or comparable customer service experience required
- Ideal candidate has been performing significant portion of above noted tasks or similar activities for 24-36 months.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and possess basic word processing and spreadsheet computer skills.
- Operational knowledge of various Windows-based application programs such as Excel and Word
- Willing to work overtime due to cyclical nature of business.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers .
Back to top