Business Insurance Account Manager - MMA Sioux Falls, SD
- Sioux Falls, SD
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inSioux Falls, SDmay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Job Summary: Be a client advocate! We are a sales organization that treats each interaction with our client as a way to solidify and improve their view of our value to them. We require our team members to be client focused in a way that delivers the client effective and efficient resolutions to their business risk management needs. Successful individuals in this role will be able to manage multiple priorities efficiently; communicate with clients in a clear and concise fashion; identify issues and implement appropriate resolutions; collaborate with other team members and carrier partners for best practice sharing and to increase knowledge base; understand the holistic commercial lines model and cross sell lines appropriately to mitigate client risks; desire for continuous learning to keep ahead of industry trends; participate in the Howalt+McDowell culture and have fun!
Essential Job Functions:
Marketing and Maintaining Clients:
- Demonstrate prompt client service that solves client issues effectively.
- Proactively assess the clients program and identify gaps for additional or alternate coverage based on client needs.
- Analyzes, prioritizes and interprets information drawing accurate conclusions with minimal guidelines.
- Proficiently maintain agency management system data for accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of carrier appetites and capabilities.
- Support carrier relationships with attendance to sessions and quality of work submitted.
Partnership with Howalt+McDowell Team:
- Drive and support agency and departmental goals for retention, upsell and new sales.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness improvements within department and agency.
- Demonstrate the Code of Conduct for the agency. Be a participant in maintaining a strong work environment and culture for team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that instills good working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Computer proficiency with system of records, web-based tools, and Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel and Word). Establishes priorities and organizes time efficiently to ensure meeting or exceeding deadlines.
Education Requirements: Property & Casualty License required within 6 months of hire. CISR designation required within 3 years of hire.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Back to top