Business Insurance Account Manager - MMA, Fargo, ND
- Fargo, ND
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inSioux Falls, SDmay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Job Summary: Provide prompt, knowledgeable, friendly service to customers and company personnel. Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in maintaining and servicing accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Service and develop accounts, including marketing renewal business.
- Maintain a rapport with clients and company underwriters.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable with company guidelines, rating structure, underwriting philosophy and various company plans and options.
- Analyzes, prioritizes and interprets information drawing accurate conclusions with minimal guidance.
- Prepare and effect coverage endorsements and cancellations as required.
- Responsible for the preparation of certificates of insurance as required, within 24 hours of request.
- Responsible for the accuracy of account applications, policies, endorsements and audits.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system, following agency procedures.
- Receive telephone calls, help walk-in clients and comply with their requests or questions.
- Order renewal business quotes, review for accuracy and prepare proposals.
- Assist in processing new and renewal policies for coverage limits, compliance with order and accuracy.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Do a formal renewal review on all top accounts.
- Review other accounts prior to renewal and maintain expiration spreadsheet.
- Keep current on rates, forms and coverage changes through bulletins, seminars and training offered.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- All other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: Insurance industry experience, preferably working in an agency environment. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that instills good working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word Establishes priorities and organizes time efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed deadlines.
Education Requirements: License required within 6 months of hire. CISR designation required within 3 years of hire.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Back to top