Business Insurance Account Administrator - MMA Midwest, Columbus, Ohio
- Dublin, OH
SUMMARY: The Account Administrator provides administrative and technical support to the team in order to facilitate excellent client service by being responsible for enhancing our client service with the management of various administrative and technical aspects of client accounts, as delegated by the Account Manager following Agency and carrier guidelines.
• Determines eligibility by obtaining information on clients including ordering MVR's
• Maintains accurate system Information according to Agency, Carrier and E&O Guidelines
• Provides service to clients on routine inquiries including certificates and policies, and other items regarding the clients' account
• Works in conjunction with the Account Manager in the administration and preparation of summaries and proposals, direct notice of cancellations, and other assigned notices to client
• Completes ACORD Applications
• Checks policies, reviews Policy Check ing notes and orders appropriate policy corrections
• Responsible for endorsements processing including invoicing and submitting requests
• Prepares and sends invoices
• Administers audits and tracking invoicing and received payments
• Reviews simple contracts
• Prepares renewal documents i.e. proposals, orders loss runs, etc. and comparisons by inquiring about updates from client and learns to negotiate renewals
• Works directly with clients, underwriters and Account Managers to ensure client needs are met
• Enhances position knowledge by learning to understand complex contracts, bid spec/contract review and premium allocations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Learn Basic Property and Casualty Insurance Terms
• Complete "How Insurance Works" Course or have equivalent knowledge
• INS 21 - Property & Liability Insurance Principles
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing
• Computer literacy for correspondence, data entry, e-mail, Internet, Carrier websites, spreadsheets and accessing data from company systems; Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word and Excel)
• Demonstrate our Values
• Integrity - Demonstrates professional behaviors with honesty and respect
• Collaboration - Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and carriers.
• Passion for customer service - Must be able to effectively interact with internal and external clients by demonstrating basic knowledge of the clients' business needs, instilling confidence, revolving issues, following through on commitments, and tapping all available resources in order to meet the clients' expectations.
• Innovation - Must be able to use problem-solving skills to identify and solve problems or offer solutions using knowledge of the client as well as knowledge of the insurance industry.
• Accountability - Establishes priorities and organizes time effectively and efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed customer expectations.
These job tasks are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Back to top