Business Development Specialist
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), is the world's largest and longest established underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
Schinnerer is currently recruiting for a Business Development Specialist in Hartford, Boston or Providence .
In your role as Business Development Specialist, you will be responsible for developing the assigned territory through all existing and prospective distribution channels. Daily activities include management of existing client base in the region to support organic growth through new business generation and renewal retention, prospecting and developing new relationships previously unknown to the company, frequent travel to visit new/existing/prospective clients in the territory, working closely with underwriting and distribution management to ensure a superior level of service for our clients and their insureds, strategic planning for your territory's growth and expansion, new product development and other production oriented activities. Reporting to the Regional Business Development Leader, you will pay a key role in serving as a client advocate and consultative advisor on the company's products and services as well as the marketplace at large. Your role will involve selling the company's value proposition that will influence the buying habits of our existing and prospective clients and to work closely with them throughout the entire sales cycle. Territory travel is a key component of the role and a top performer will be expected to physically travel to visit existing and prospective clients up to 50% of your time.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the assigned territory annual sales and marketing plan.
- Develops and executes broker centric plans for capturing synergies in the marketing and sales activities within the region for key brokerage relationships.
- Works with management to develop and deploy coordinated sales strategies within territory.
- Provides comprehensive involvement in producing new business opportunities and supporting the retention of existing clients.
- Responsible for the execution of sales initiatives for the region.
- Collaborate with underwriting staff to jointly develop relationships.
- Partners across the firm to engage appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Meets prospects needs by offering innovative solutions, resolving difficult risk issues, providing customer support and introducing VOSCO Resources as appropriate.
- Ensures timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process; and ensures that post-sales teams provide quality service to all assigned clients.
- Broker advocate throughout the sales cycle.
- Develops and maintains effective network within the business community and industry.
- Holds a bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years insurance industry experience; experience in professional liability insurance an asset.
- Possesses high level of energy, professional persistence, relationship building, sales aptitude and self-starter.
- Excellent communication, time management and teamwork skills while consistently driving for results.
- Driven for results with proven track record.
- Appropriately licensed or ability to obtain in short time frame.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time within territory for role as well as attendance at industry events
Professional insurance designation considered an asset (CIC, RPLU, CPCU).
Back to top