Business Development Executive- Seattle, WA
Manages all aspects of prospect development from pre-sale through close. This includes developing referral sources, identifying new clients that match the Marsh client profile, and ensuring a consistent flow of new revenue for the practice.
- Transitions a qualified prospect or new client to a client executive and supports the client executive in implementation of new business deals and transitions client to account management status.
- Utilizes information sources internally and externally to gather appropriate data to properly position Marsh to prospect.
- Identifies and actively pursues potential new business opportunities.
- Leads the coordination of organizational resources necessary to drive a sale to completion.
- Develops sales strategies for increasing target market sales and manages the execution of these strategies.
- Identifies potential referral sources and develops relationships through personal contact and presentation of the practice's resources.
- Generates additional revenue opportunities by introducing and leveraging other Marsh products and services as appropriate.
- Incorporates and regularly practices techniques introduced through sales training to continuously enhance skills and related performance
- Qualifies prospects based on practice's guidelines for new business.
- Identifies external and internal referral sources and partners closely with those sources.
- Leads in the creation of sales proposals and presentations and works with the referral source partner to coordinate the delivery of these presentations to prospects.
- Ensures that up-to-date prospective client information is maintained in the database.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
- Completes outbound follow up calls and makes cold calls.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience with new business development required, ideally with some large group insurance experience.
- Proven insurance industry experience with individual and group insurance products.
- Appropriate license must be obtained if necessary for the position.
- Communicating with Impact
- Planning and Organizing
- Professional/Technical Knowledge
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top