Business Development Associate - Trion Group, a Marsh and McLennan Agency
The Business Development Associate is responsible for qualifying and developing new business leads to identify new sales opportunities. The primary responsibilities are to lead sales generation activities and manage their daily strategy for establishing new business. The Business Development Associate will also perform market research and analysis that can be utilized for adjusting effective strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Develop and manage sales strategy and approach in order to generate new business in targeted market sectors by creating solid strategies.
- Present our product offerings to prospective clients that meet their employee benefit needs and financial goals.
- Execute prospect campaigns in each market sector, designed to drive qualified new business leads.
- Perform research for each assigned market sector in preparation for strategy while partnering with the Producers for further qualification and interaction.
- Uncover and close new sales opportunities by networking to increase contacts.
- Prioritize prospects and remain cognizant of market changing conditions.
- Represent and sell Trion's capabilities for trade show event activities and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Participate in regular sales meetings to present sales performance against objectives and targets in designated vertical.
- Perform research on competitors and their offerings; present information to the proper individuals as required.
- Prepare and deliver proposals, contracts and/or other sales-related documentation.
- Track and provide reporting for Trion management detailing call activity, pipeline updates and lead generation results.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of (2) years work experience in a sales, marketing, professional services or customer services driven environment required.
- Experience in B2B sales or outbound telesales environments preferred.
- Active Life and Health License preferred; if not licensed, required to obtain Life and Health License within first 90 days of employment.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to engage with others and work as part of a team.
- Aptitude for, or demonstrated working knowledge of, sales force automation technologies and/or experience applying these technologies in the sales process.
- Outstanding and effective telephone skills.
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top