Business Development Associate
Mercer assists clients in investing in a wide array of strategies across asset classes, industries and geographies, in various formats including non-discretionary advisory, commingled funds, secondaries, directs/co-investments, client-driven separately managed accounts, and project-based. The alternatives team features over 180 professionals serving clients globally from Europe, Asia and North America. It currently advises and provides customized solutions on over $180 billion for global clients including corporate and public pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, healthcare organizations, insurance plans, endowments, foundations and family offices.
Mercer is seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate to join our Business Development Team in Richmond, VA. This candidate will report to the Global Head of Business Development & Investor Relations and will share responsibilities for primary support of the business development and marketing operations for the alternatives team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling marketing materials by compiling, consolidating, formatting and summarizing information, graphs, and presentations
- Coordinating with the Risk Management Team to execute quarterly updates across a broad array of data that is used to populate presentations, proposals, RFPs, and internal reporting
- Assisting the creation and refinement of RFP responses, including build-out of RFP response library
- Maintaining firm-wide conference calendar
- Interacting with various departments to assemble information relevant to Business Development priorities
- Maintenance of Business Development folders on common drive
- Supporting Business Development process by maintaining Client Relationship Management (CRM) database, including contacts, meetings, new prospects, opportunities, and updates
- Preparing materials in support of offsite client and prospect meetings
- Conducting research relating to North American and global prospects and potential timelines for engagement
- Updating job knowledge by participating in Business Development meetings and other educational opportunities as determined by department leadership
- A relevant university degree in business, economics, or finance.
- 2-6 years' experience in financial services industry. Experience in private markets is preferred.
- Exposure to investment consulting RFP process preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to investigate and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Self-initiative, motivation and ability to improve operations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deliver a consistently high level of service and performance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top