- Plymouth Meeting, PA
The Business Development Associate is responsible for qualifying and developing new business leads to identify new sales opportunities. The primary responsibilities are to lead sales generation activities and manage their daily strategy for establishing new business. The Business Development Associate will also perform market research and analysis that can be utilized for adjusting effective strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Develop and manage sales strategy and approach in order to generate new business in targeted market sectors by creating solid strategies.
- Present our product offerings to prospective clients that meet their employee benefit needs and financial goals.
- Execute prospect campaigns in each market sector, designed to drive qualified new business leads.
- Perform research for each assigned market sector in preparation for strategy while partnering with the Producers for further qualification and interaction.
- Uncover and close new sales opportunities by networking to increase contacts.
- Prioritize prospects and remain cognizant of market changing conditions.
- Represent and sell Trion's capabilities for trade show event activities and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Participate in regular sales meetings to present sales performance against objectives and targets in designated vertical.
- Perform research on competitors and their offerings; present information to the proper individuals as required.
- Prepare and deliver proposals, contracts and/or other sales-related documentation.
- Track and provide reporting for Trion management detailing call activity, pipeline updates and lead generation results.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of (2) years work experience in a sales, marketing, professional services or customer services driven environment required.
- Experience in B2B sales or outbound telesales environments preferred.
- Active Life and Health License preferred; if not licensed, required to obtain Life and Health License within first 90 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to engage with others and work as part of a team.
- Aptitude for, or demonstrated working knowledge of, sales force automation technologies and/or experience applying these technologies in the sales process.
- Outstanding and effective telephone skills.
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion's Conshohocken, PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.
Back to top