The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the business unit. The BA will work with subject matter experts on the processes, content and functional systems across ICAT to understand the impact of upcoming changes (process, product, technical) and will be a primary resource for business initiatives. The role may also act as Project Manager for smaller sized projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work closely with the Business Unit leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) and project managers by providing key analytical support that will allow business needs and requirements to be understood, defined and documented at a level that will enable business and technical systems to be effectively developed, deployed and supported.
- Conduct research which may include reviewing financial statements, evaluating competitors, and analyzing business practices. Organize and interpret information to identify meaningful business, industry and market trends resulting in contributions to the development of a new business model, process, or product.
- Understands supporting technology environments, application and process capabilities.
- Contributes to or leads in the development of: Business Requirements, Use Cases, Process Flows and procedural documentation.
- Collaborate with PMO and subject matter experts to establish the overall solution vision and analyze tradeoffs across solution options.
- Critically evaluate and assess large amounts of complex information and data from multiple sources to identify business improvement needs and independently develop logical recommendations and solutions with minimal guidance.
- Review and understand existing procedures, policies, practices and products and render insights regarding future state needs, requirements and impacts.
- May have varying levels of involvement including scheduling, performing, and coordinating User Acceptance Testing as required
- As assigned, develop and manage small to mid-sized projects with a responsibility for defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables on time. On larger efforts, provide support within a project structure.
- Participate on and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Provide leadership, support the required review activities, and regularly report project progress and status.
- Coordinates interactions with the impacted and involved business, management and technical areas and keeps the Project Team on target and focused.
- Collaborates and works cross functionally with all business units within ICAT to achieve strategic, tactical and project goals.
- Provides leadership needed to instill a team-oriented, client-driven, results-driven team.
- Works under the general supervision of the Manager of Business Initiatives, and provides direction to exempt and non-exempt personnel.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all ICAT personnel, business partners, and vendors.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan
- Additional duties as assigned
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years directly applicable experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in generalized business Requires a high level of independence.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in working with management, clients and technological experts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to develop, document and maintain operational policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting detailed process flows
- Solid understanding of existing and emerging industry practices, and ability to evaluate alternative business solutions
- Demonstrates initiative, curiosity and strong work ethic, is resourceful and self-motivated.
- Able to gather and analyze information, draw conclusions, make recommendations, execute and deliver expected results.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Back to top