The Billing Coordinator will provide client invoicing and consultant time keeping support via: accurate client account/project code set-up; reconciliation of monthly charges vs. project budget; development of draft invoices and cover letters; correct application of caveats; discipline to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of clients.
The responsibilities of the Billing Coordinator will include:
- Assist with bill/invoice reporting and FLASH on a timely and accurate basis.
- Generate bill/invoice reports and distribute to client teams for verification of hours and description of services
- Collect and prioritize by deadline accrual amounts from team members and enters accruals into system quarterly.
- Act as an expert in the set up, renewal and validation of billing/project codes and liaise with billing system administrator (find out what the client assignments will be, initiate codes in billing system, add codes to pick list as needed, etc).
- Advise consultants of billing/project codes to use.
- Track commission/invoice variances to forecast and work with consultants and carriers/vendors to resolve.
- Research missing data and request updates as needed.
- Reviews and manages reporting processes.
- Maintains client billing spreadsheets as necessary and assists more junior staff with updates.
A successful candidate for the Billing Coordinator role will possess the following qualifications:
- HS diploma or equivalent (some college preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top