Bilingual Underwriter - Victor O. Schinnerer
Responsible for the renewal of existing business and the generation of new accounts. Determines terms and conditions for coverage and rates for program profitability. Provides reports on the underwriting results to senior management. Build relationships with the broker distribution force. Negotiate quotation and ensures policies are issued as bound. Demonstrates aptitude for proactive management of all aspects of the role.
- Reviews and analyzes submissions for management liability coverages such as directors & officers liability, employment practices liability, crime insurance, kidnap/ransom insurance, and professional and cyber protection.
- Identifies and obtains additional information required for proper analysis of risk including cross referencing with other departments
- Corresponds with other insurance professionals to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies
- Assesses exposure and determines rates, terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with guidelines and uses judgment underwriting to evaluate a risk
- Negotiates terms and conditions with brokers
- Determines whether to accept, modify, or decline risks
- Develops or modifies policy wording when standard text is not appropriate
- Develops relationships with brokers and drives new business submission flow
- Presents well during technical discussions, social interactions and relationship management
- Delivers best-in-class service with attention to detail in a high volume flow environment
- Provides advice and expertise to other underwriters on underwriting issues
- Assists in special projects in alignment with strategic business plans.
- 3-5 years of insurance related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Strong analytical and judgment skills; excellent problem solving ability
- College degree, preferably in insurance, marketing or finance additional major a plus
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top