Bilingual Staff Accountant
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team and support our Latin America counterparts. Some responsibilities include:
- May prepare journal entries, money moves, payments, billing, administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements. Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts and/or client insured records.
- May prepare and analyze various accounting reports including variances to forecast, budget and prior year; may coordinate revenue and expense accruals; may ensure timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close; Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts or reports; may apply funds to insured records; may process refunds to insured records; may request payments for carriers and third parties. Findings may be presented to senior management, partners, carriers or clients.
- Assists with the development, implementation and documentation of internal and external accounting and operating policies, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance or Two year degree with relevant experience is acceptable
- 1 - 3 years of experience;
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top