BIG DATA AND ETL ENGINEER
- New York, NY
The Big Data and ETLEngineerdrives business and technical capability development and execution in our Digital Platforms space. The candidate will play a key hands-on role on the Big Data team as part of Marsh Digital and will partners with Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure Engineering, Scrum Masters, Business Partners, and external service providers to identify and execute future capabilities and influence strategies to enhance the Big Data platform. This role will work on next generation data platform services and processes that support Business to Business (B2B) and Business to consumer (B2C/B2B2C) applications. The role is expected to challenge the teams to think differently to achieve desired business outcomes and foster a culture of quality.
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to ingest, store and process very large amounts of data (structured, semi-structured and unstructured), including streaming and real-time into the cloud based Big Data Lake
- Build best in class ETL/ELT based solutions for effective data ingestion and transformation
- Collaborate with the various technical, platform and product development team on the use of various AWS services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), S3, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Glue, Athena etc.
- Work closely with the IT and the platform team to deliver technical solutions. This includes end to end data orchestration, data layering, data governance, metadata management and data cataloging
- Be an expert in all things data including data wrangling, aggregation, summarization and analysis
- Collaborate with the various data source teams both internal and external(Oracle, Teradata, MongoDB, cloud etc.) on effective strategies for data ingestion
- Partner with the data science, actuarial science and various business group on deep rooted data analysis including propensity scores, catastrophic modeling, time-series analysis and forecasting
- Be an evangelist for all things Big Data and Digital
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Statistics. Master's Degree a definite plus
- 2-5 years of relevant Data Ingestion/ETL/ELT, Big Data and Data Visualizations experience of mission critical platforms
- Experience in ETL/ELT and data wrangling using tools (Informatica, Talend etc.) and languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, SQL and SAS
- Experience in Hadoop and Big Data platforms including cloud based platforms such as AWS, Azure & GCP.
- Experience in various services such as Hive, EMR, Juypter notebooks, Kinesis, SQS, Glue, Athena, Kafka, Redis, MongoDB etc.
- Knowledge of Statistics, Operations Research and Machine/Deep Learning algorithms a definite plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and a technical lead
- Prior hands-on experience delivering self-service big data and data visualization platforms
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top