The Benefits Consultant at Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a key part of the Employee Health & Benefits Client Service division. The Consultant is an adviser for clients on all things related to their employee benefits package. The ideal Consultant fosters positive relationships with clients and delivers exceptional customer service. As an adviser, the Consultant will guide clients in identifying gaps in coverage and will consult clients on appropriate benefit solutions, enabling them to achieve their long-term employment goals. In this function, the Consultant will collaborate with Sales Leaders, Benefits Analysts and Associate Consultants to prepare client deliverables and presentations.
• Coordinate, develop and execute Project plans, as well as periodic presentations for specific client groups
• Develop and manage long and short range benefit strategies for clients, foster strong client relationships
• Develop and mentor benefit analysts and associate consultants on the team
• Conduct analyses and negotiate with carriers on the clients' behalf.
What we would like to see from candidates:
• A shared commitment to company values; Integrity, Collaboration Passion, Innovation, Accountability
• 5+ years of insurance industry experience with a thorough understanding of all benefit plans (medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, etc) design, rate structures, funding alternatives and compliance requirements.
• A Bachelor's degree
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with advanced writing skills.
• LAH Licensure or commitment to achieving within 12 months of start date.
• Advanced technical skills including PowerPoint & Excel
Why you should want to work here:
Our Employee Health & Benefits Team consists of great people that genuinely care about our clients and our colleagues. Our people are our best assets and we care about each employees' growth and development. We strive to provide you with all of the tools and resources to be your best self.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients . Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, student loan repayment, 401K, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and many other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers
Want to see who you will be working with? Check out our Colleague Spotlights on our YouTube Channel
Back to top