The Benefit Analyst is responsible for serving as the day-to-day liaison for our client contacts and their respective healthcare providers and carriers during implementations, open enrollments, and ongoing benefits administration. Responsibilities include maintaining employee eligibility, performing quality assurance tasks, resolving escalated client-specific issues, and collaborating with internal team members and other departments for client deliverables and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Accountable for all client deliverables and procedures related to benefit plan design changes for implementations, renewals and ongoing administration.
- Review and revise business and plan design requirements and the functional design specifications for system set-ups and configurations.
- Support client delivery teams in reviewing technical requirements, test plans, training materials and procedure documents.
- Responsible for quality assurance tasks for various client deliverables and procedures such as, but not limited to, carrier files, payroll files, billing reports, worksheets, confirms, and inbox requests.
- Monitor, research, and resolve escalated client issues by utilizing Trion's Issue Management System and other client specific tools, while coaching client team members on resolutions.
- Assist with developing client-specific training guides for Call Center staff in support of clients' benefit plan intricacies and for increased call volume during peak seasons.
- Participate and/or facilitate meetings with clients, carriers and other internal departments.
- Proactively identify risks and provide proper escalation for high level resolutions.
- Maintain best practices and proactively recommend opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals and ongoing administration.
- Coach and train internal members of the benefit administration team on best practices and client-specific knowledge.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Trion Group, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top