AVP - Actuary
- New York, NY
The AVP Actuarial position works within the GC Analytics Actuarial team building and analyzing client data to evaluate assumptions, premiums and risk. The colleague will share outputs with brokers, and jointly delivers reinsurance actuarial services to clients with senior team members.
- Communicates directly with brokers or senior team leaders on client's needs and advises on reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level and industry trends
- Performs calculations using specialty models with client data to assess a range of risk exposures and predict outcomes for clients
- Interprets and analyzes client data to assist senior actuaries in evaluating reinsurance programs (i.e., pricing, stochastic risk assessments, and advisory work).
- Checks client data for reasonability, sets up experience and exposure rating and shares output in support of reinsurance transaction process.
- Mentors junior team members to help understand effects of loss liabilities that may impact client
- Builds MetaRisk analysis independently and understands how to use the model to explain assumptions and outcomes
- 3-5 years ofP&C actuarialexperience; preferably in reinsurance
- Completion of at least 3 actuarial exams
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Coding experience in utilizing programming languages (i.e. R, Python, VBA or SQL)
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Strong problem solving skills
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top