Association Sales Team Lead (Life & Health and Association Health Plans)
- Urbandale, IA
The purpose of this position is to support the Operations Manager for Association Telesales, which consists of a Life & Health and Association Health Plans Teams. Please see additional information/qualifications below.
- Reviews team performance and may monitor team calls with prospective clients that have complex insurance needs.
- Evaluates performance and provides guidance and needed training.
- Ensures team is trained and apprised of possible cross-selling initiatives, lines of insurance products and internal offerings.
- Encourages the use of an extensive professional network so staff can learn about all insurance sales products and offerings.
- Helps the team to evaluates potential clients and successfully identifies sales leads utilizing pre-proven identification techniques and methodologies to help the team gain new business.
- Reviews reporting for team and ensures all data is accurate for auditing purposes.
- Manages communication efforts.
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors staff functions, monitors workload and projects of team members to ensure projects are aligned by resources, capacity and skills required.
- Trains, supervises and mentors professional level staff across multiple levels.
- High school diploma required and college degree preferred
- Relevant leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret insurance products to clients.
- Ability to motivate and influence agents towards exceeding their goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with agents/departments/customers
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Possess self-discipline, self-motivation, and ability to meet assigned objectives.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Core competencies include: Communicating With Impact Negotiations Building and
- Life & Health license must be obtained within 45 days of employment.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top