Associate, Technology Development Practice
Are you looking for a role where your can impact a company with your innovative vision and development skills?
Mercer Digital's Technology Development Associate role is a part of the Technology Development Team within the Innovation office and ultimately reports to the Vice President of Innovation.This role is primarily responsible for the development, deployment, education, and maintenance of tools to empower all facets of Mercer Digital (Sales, Delivery, Operations).The Technology Development Associate will work with the broader organization to identify development projects and priorities and enact continuous improvements and maintenance to tools and processes leveraged throughout Mercer Digital.
The Technology Development Associate will be responsible for the identification of areas of improvement (efficiency, productivity, consultant experience, customer experience, business insights, etc.) and the development of rapid prototypes/proofs of concepts (POCs) to carry out the improvements.The ideal candidate is a team player with a keen eye for detail and leverages strong problem-solving skills.Additionally, when POC's are identified as formal projects, the Technology Development Associate will be a primary developer of the final solutions, leveraging a wide range of technologies to create the final product.Lastly, the Technology Development Associate will be responsible for working within the broader Innovation Department and beyond to ensure adoption of the solution takes place.This would include education, documentation, and maintenance of solutions moved into a production state.
As part of the Innovation Office, you will be impacting the day-to-day business of 70-80% of our consultants with the tools you develop to improve efficiency and accuracy, as well as building new revenue streams for the company. The group is highly visible to Leadership so there is a huge potential for success.
- Facilitate and participate in a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Develop products, solutions, tools, applications, utilities and other mediums to facilitate all facets of Mercer Digital
- Clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Testing and deploying programs and systems
- Fixing and improving existing software/systems
- Document, educate, and maintain products through the product lifecycle
- Explore innovation opportunities and present the business case for viable projects
- Collaborate and coordinate with all departments within Mercer Digital
- Manage development projects and project team members to ensure successful completion
- 3 years of experience within Software/Product Development
- Ability to learn new coding languages and technologies to solve critical business requirements
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
Locations:Houston, TX (The Woodlands), will consider Remote/ Virtual for the right candidate
Who We Are :
Mercer Digital is a certified Workday and ServiceNow implementation partner and the digital consulting arm of Mercer, the world's largest HR consulting company. Our company is experiencing incredible growth, and we are needing a creative individual to offer innovative solutions to support our consultants .
What We Offer :
As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits:
- Matching 401k, with a company match of 50% on your 6% contribution; in addition , Mercer provides a 4% fixed contribution on your behalf (whether you contribute or not)
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets
- Benefits coverage starting Day 1
- Generous time-off policy: 4 weeks' paid vacation (5 weeks for Sr. Consultants) + paid holidays and designated sick days
- Monthly technology allowance of $100 (net amount)
- In addition, Mercer has TONS of benefits such as scholarships for dependents, deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top