Associate - Strategy Consulting
- Houston, TX
Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm. We combine deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. We work alongside our clients to develop practical solutions that deliver real impact. With more than 50 offices in 26 countries, we have the reach to meet our clients' needs anywhere in the world. The firm's 4,000+ professionals collaborate with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their businesses. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Practice Group: Consumer & Industrial Services
Location: Houston, Dallas
Practice Overview: Energy
Oliver Wyman's Energy practice distinguishes itself by the value it creates for clients. We bring deep industry knowledge and state-of-the-art problem-solving capabilities and tools tailored to the needs of our clients. Oliver Wyman helps utilities and energy companies address strategic and operational challenges through proven, results-oriented approaches: we assist our clients to examine and pursue new market, product / service and acquisition opportunities; develop strategies and plans to address market shifts and regulatory challenges; increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and earnings; and optimize operations and organizational effectiveness. We have completed hundreds of engagements for leading electric and gas utilities and oil and gas clients across North America, Europe and the Middle East, creating sustainable shareholder value.
The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or Energy industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
Back to top