Associate Plan Analyst - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, MI
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inTroy, MImay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our office in Troyserves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans.The Associate Plan Analyst (APA) is responsible for obtaining and analyzing group benefit program proposals for clients. The Associate Plan Analyst analyzes bids for group health and welfare coverage for clients, provides benchmarking research and analysis, and develops detailed client reports. The APA provides substantial financial analysis for approximately 3 clients.
The APA works on a few small to mid-sized fully insured cases, demonstrating a high level of accuracy within their work product. This position spends a significant amount of time in Excel.
In addition, the APA provides mid-level support to assigned Senior Plan Analysts and the department in general.
- Providessupport in obtaining the most competitive proposals in the marketplace, financial reporting and carrier / vendor evaluation.
- Constructs detailed client / prospect reports, with specific direction and guidance from the VP or SVP.
- Communicates effectively both internally and externally on matters related to client work product, work in progress, market information and other projects as assigned.
- Supports Senior Plan Analysts to complete client reporting, scrub/consolidate census requests, marketing and perform other tasks of a similar nature.
- Works with vendors as Carrier Liaison to screen new vendors, gather information on current vendors, maintain carrier fact sheets and contact list and schedule lunch and learn sessions.
- Conducts Quarterly Carrier Trend Survey and distributes results internally.
- Assists in client presentation printing and binding as needed for the Plan Analyst department.
- Generates insured alternatives on carrier rating systems for Senior Plan Analysts.
- Generates monthly invoices for clients that are directly billed.
- Maintains an accurate and detailed follow-up system to ensure that the issues the APA is involved with are tracked.
- Maintains a current Work-in-Progress on all assignments, and maintains regular communication with assigned members of Plan Analyst department and VP or SVP on open projects, deadlines and status updates.
- Participates on special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics or other related area preferred.
- One - three years of office administrative/financial support experience is essential.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel andPowerPoint.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when working with clients and vendors.
- Strict adherence to the company's rules regarding the Health Insurance Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Flexibility to arrive early and stay late, as needed.
- Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors, and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others; ability to work in a proactive manner to consistently deliver high-quality work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to maintain a mature, problem-solving approach; general knowledge of "how to get things done."
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Back to top