Associate Placement Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
Associate Placement Specialist - Qualified Solutions Group - Technology
Marsh's Qualified Solutions Group is an industry leading placement center built to drive a more effective process and outcome for Property, Casualty, and FINPRO placements and drive much needed change in the industry. Aided by technology and working on a state-of-the-art trading floor abuzz with market activity, it will be a new, refreshing and exciting new way to broker insurance. The QSG will employ a differentiated process to create exceptional value for clients and a better experience for Placement colleagues, unrivaled in the industry.
The Associate Placement Specialist role within our Qualified Solutions Group (QSG) will be responsible for designing the placement strategy and negotiating with carriers to receive the best terms, conditions, coverage and pricing for the client and making recommendations to the client and client's team.
- Responsible for using risk expertise to analyze client's current and historical exposures, develop solutions, solicit quotes, negotiate with panel markets, analyze comparisons, articulate impact of options and make recommendations to the client's team and the client
- Responsible for order bind & the accuracy of programs based on client direction
- Participates in pre-strategy meeting to create renewal strategy
- Responsible for following up for any open items and subjectivities
- Keeps abreast of changing risk and insurance market conditions
- Builds and maintains relationships with carriers, underwriters and client team to provide best in class service
- Manages and records all activities in workflow system to ensure timely follow up by client, carriers, client team
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix team environment
- Casualty broking & technology experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with impact across all levels of the organization
- Proficient knowledge of business systems & technology
- 3-5 years of specific product line and market experience
- Broker's License required
- BA or BS preferred
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top