Associate II - Risk Economics (CAS Actuaries Required)
This is a rare opportunity to work directly with the clients and brokers and tohave a voice in the strategic planning for the business. You are no longer the ghost behind the success! If this is an area of interest for you please apply.
This position is for a recognized subject matter expert in Risk Economics, who manages large projects or processes. Advises senior management and clients on risk mitigation by performing and coaching on complex financial and statistical analyses, and consults with the client on risk mitigation. Directs the team's strategy to implement new, market-leading analytics-based tools to assess and mitigate risk for small to large-scale clients.
- Drives strategy around implementing new, market-leading analytics-based tools to assess and mitigate risk
- Applies advanced and specialized knowledge of models and analyses in order to assess risk and viability of risk mitigation solutions
- Actively makes recommendations to senior management and clients on issues that may be unclear to them and implements actionable insights to analyze and mitigate risk
- Leads others to identify new and existing business opportunities for small to large-scale clients
- Coaches and leads department on the delivery of analytics-based tools and analyses and presents findings to the client
- Manages large-sized and highly complex projects to direct the team in developing analytics-based tools
- 5+ years of related experience
- Pursuing designation from the Casualty Actuarial Society with 4+ passed exams preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field
- Strong statistical modeling knowledge
- Ability to develop strong client oriented solutions
- Capacity to work in an entrepreneurial manner within a team environment.
- Superior detail orientation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, SAS, VBA a plus
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Actuarial Associate, Mercer
Jolina manages projects for Mercer’s pension plan clients—preparing instructions for teammates, reviewing deliverables, and answering questions throughout the process.
Back to top