Associate Consultant, Employee Benefits
- Worcester, MA
The Associate Consultant provides insight and a broad knowledge of health, welfare & employee benefits to Marsh & McLennan Agency's (MMA) clients. This role sits within the Marsh & McLennan Agency's (MMA) Employee Health & Benefits Services practice. The ideal candidate with have a background conducting intermediate-level analyses and will be comfortable presenting their findings to staff and clients. The team works in a fast-paced environment that will provides challenge and reward for high performance. This is a great opportunity for someone with an analytical mindset and a desire to move into a client-facing role.
- Assists Consultant(s) with all aspects of coordination, development and execution of Project plans and periodic presentations for specific client groups
- Supports RFP process , renewal and Implementation processes
- Benchmark survey data for client plans, summarize and validate reviewed information
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Responds to/juggles multiple client priorities to ensure completion of responsibilities that have competing deadlines
- Identify and understand negotiable elements of underwriting calculations for all lines of coverage. Exercise peer group and/or management review in this process periodically
- Manage post-implementation process for all lines of coverage
- Coordinates renewal process, census data, Schedule A requests and ERISA Wrap documents.
- Gathers rate information and rate structures.
- Responds to client inquiries through email, phone calls or other requests of information
- Reviews plans for design accuracy and discrepancies.
- Conducts initial research for client projects and works with vendors in coordinating information.
- Assists with open enrollment communications and other employee related communications.
- Communicates renewal/marketing results
- Coordinates billing and claim issues between client and vendor.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 2 years insurance industry experience with an understanding of all benefit plans (medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, etc) design, rate structures, funding alternatives and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation with advanced writing skills.
- Exposure to multiple areas of Health & Welfare compliance (i.e. HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, 5500, DOL, etc).
- CEBS Certification or other industry recognized designations preferred.
- LAH Licensure or commitment to achieving within 12 months of start date.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of internal staff & management, external clients, prospects and vendors.
- Shared commitment to company values; Integrity, Collaboration Passion, Innovation, Accountability
Back to top