Associate Business Specialist
- Seattle, WA
Guy Carpenter is searching for an experienced Non-IT business analyst to join a global business team responsible for the existing sales-facing applications and new solution development.
We are looking for a person who can immediately add value to our team and thrives in a fast-paced, solution focused atmosphere. This individual must be able to work closely with global business stakeholders and the development teams to align requirements, drive decisions and implement solutions. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, superior organization skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Manages detailed requirement gathering from various constituencies, both internally and externally, to provide a globally applicable end solution
- Ensures requirements are communicated effectively to parties responsible for technical development and implementation
- Provides material support to Centers of Excellence / Segments appointees and Data Visualization Specialist(s) tasked with creating value using data from application
- Works with CoEs and segments to create best practice system usage documentation and data standards for broker users
- Translates business strategies and objectives into detailed business requirements
- Works closely with business teams of interrelated processes/applications/databases to understand changes that may impact project workflows and communicates impacts to end users
- Leads day to day post-release activities for business team, including creation of release notes and highlighting of key features for stakeholder communications.
- Assists with Level 3 product support on questions related to business workflows; providing solutions when technology is unable to immediately accommodate the need
- Works with IT/QA/Operations to facilitate business testing process; assists with the preparation of test cases and documents feedback resolution for business team
- Assists training teams to document new features and impacts to existing workflows
- Create and maintain documentation on system specifications and best practices
- Serves as the subject matter expert on all items relating to the project
- Assists with report requirement documentation/testing for reports generated out of front office applications
- Other projects as assigned
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good internal relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills with proven ability to resolve or escalate, as appropriate
- Preferred 3+ years (re)insurance or similar industry experience, with focus on business process documentation (Non IT)
- High degree of initiative to take lead role on assignments and to manage deliverables to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to produce detailed and comprehensive requirement documentation
- Strong ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and/or Power BI a plus
- Available for light business travel, depending on location and project activities.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Back to top