Associate Account Manager - Agribusiness - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Leawood, KS
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing internal administrative and technical support to the Agriculture Department. Individuals should be flexible, supportive and demonstrate team work and cooperation towards all members of the company. A strong customer service mentality is of the utmost importance.
The Associate AM I position is an entry level position. Colleagues who have mastered all job responsibilities listed below are then eligible for promotion to the Associate AM II position. Associate AM II's are eligible for promotion to Account Manager positions based on need, availability and skill level.
1. Assists Account Managers, Account Executives, and Unit Managers in the processing and handling of daily changes and activities pertaining to client accounts. These duties include but are not limited to:
Market and process new bond applications
Process bond renewals
Create renewal packets
Request loss runs
Create premium and loss summaries
Create renewal certificate holder lists
Issue auto ID cards
Update certificate templates
Handle QLTY activities
Setting up proposal templates
Handle change requests for autos and drivers
Follow up with clients regarding driver and equipment lists
Claims notification and follow up
2. Assists or completes other tasks and projects as directed by Agency management.
1. Reading, writing, and mathematical skills that would normally be acquired through the acquisition of a high school diploma.
2. Possess or have the ability to acquire applicable resident and non-resident agency/broker license within 3 months of hire and comply with continuing education requirements.
3. Preference will be given to those with experience working with bonds.
4. Strong team environment skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a group.
5. Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills and acute attention to detail.
6. Strong computer skills and proficiency in PC applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
7. Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to produce and deliver focused communication both verbally and in writing throughout all levels of client organizations, the Agency, as well as insurance carriers and third party brokers.
8. Strong aptitude for flexibility and multi-tasking with the ability to perform under pressure in a fast paced environment.
9. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to grow their knowledge within this position and advance into roles increasingly integral to the department.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Back to top