Assistant Underwriter - ICAT
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
- Granted limited Underwriting authority.
- Quotes new and renewal business. Supports the team's goals for new and renewal premium in the region, specifically for a set of assigned producers.
- Responsible for underwriting and pricing certain assigned new business and renewal accounts in accordance with ICAT's underwriting standards, personal underwriting authority level, and ICAT's General Agency Agreements (GAA).
- Approves inspection review and analysis resulting in appropriate issue identification.
- Prepares and processes standard endorsements, completes templates to prepare manuscript endorsements for underwriter approval when appropriate.
- Meets all file documentation standards, complies with underwriting and authority level standards, and passes all audits (both internal and external).
- Responsible for conducting regular and periodic underwriting self-review.
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of ICAT's forms and endorsements and ICAT's rating methodology.
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of ICAT/s.4242 Underwriting Guidelines and has an emerging understanding of technical underwriting principles and risk characteristics.
- Understands and adheres to ICAT's underwriting processing, underwriting guidelines and underwriting file documentation.
- Understands the functionality of all underwriting systems (automated and manual) and utilizes these systems as required
- Builds and maintains strong business relations with assigned producer base.
- Fills in for assigned Underwriter to ensure business continuity during peak periods and/or when team members are unavailable.
- Emerging understanding of regional market and competitive landscape and stays current regarding competitors.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer Service and Sales experience.
- Typing skills
- Working knowledge of MS systems, i.e, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Outlook and MS Word.
- Good technical, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Good working for production based.
- Team work.
ICAT has over 200 employees and serves more than 65,000 customers in 42 states through its online quoting system, www.icat.com and through traditional broker submissions. The ICAT brand offers the promise of "Security, Service, Recovery" to policyholders and brokers in providing insurance solutions to protect against natural catastrophe events. ICAT continues to expand through new products such as its Residential Earthquake product in California, which helps homeowners protect their largest asset in the event of an earthquake.
ICAT underwrites on behalf of a diverse line up of strong carrier partners and Lloyd's of London syndicates. Claims administration services are provided by ICAT's sister company Boulder Claims. Boulder Claims was founded in 2005 and in its short history has successfully adjusted and settled over 23,000 claims, including claims from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Dolly, Gustav and Ike. ICAT is based in Broomfield, CO with additional offices in Tampa and Honolulu.
(Footer) ICAT is owned by The Schinnerer Group. The Schinnerer Group is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. The Schinnerer Group includes Victor O. Schinnerer & Company and ICAT in the United States, ENCON in Canada and other MGA enterprises globally. For more information on ICAT, visit us at: www.icat.com .
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top