Assistant Account Manager II - Sioux Falls, SD
Job Title: Assistant Account Manager II
Supervisor: Team Lead
The Assistant Account Manager II ("AAM II") position provides assistance to Account Managers in the billing and processing of all new and renewal commercial business. This position lays the ground work for handling a book of business while learning from an experienced Account Manager on their accounts. A successful AAM II is able to balance the workload of their own book of business while helping support the larger and more complex accounts of the Account Manager. It is critical that the individual who takes on this role is motivated to work on their own and as part of the team.
1. Read, practice and live the Code of Conduct for the agency. Be a participant in maintaining a strong work environment and culture for all team members.
2. Assist with application assembly, Loss Runs, and Loss Summary during the Pre-Renewal process when necessary.
3. Service and develop accounts during the submission process for both new and renewal business.
a. Be familiar and knowledgeable with company guidelines, rating structure, underwriting philosophy and various company plans and options.
b. Order renewal business quotes from the carriers and review them for accuracy.
c. Update the Agency Management System (AMS), maintain and/or create Excel spreadsheets, enter information into the carrier's online management system as required by client and/or carrier.
4. Work with the Account Manager and Producer to prepare proposals.
5. Assist the Account Manager in issuing binding documents including the processing of Auto ID Cards, preparing templates and issuing certificates of insurance and invoicing of new and renewal policies when necessary.
6. Provide preparation for the delivery of new and renewal policies, including setting up both the Insured and agency copies, verification of compliance with order instructions, checking company forms and accuracy of coverage limits.
7. Responsible for completing mid-term policy services in accordance with the workflow process with minimal assistance from the Account Manager.
a. Receive endorsement orders over the phone, email or fax from insureds. Submit change requests to carriers in accordance with the insured's request.
b. Review and process audits and endorsements upon receipt from carriers.
c. Investigate, understand and identify discrepancies or alterations that would impact the client and work with the carrier and/or Account Manager to resolve in a timely manner.
d. Produce certificates of insurance in response to daily requests from Insureds.
e. Update the Agency Management System (AMS) as necessary in response to the requested services.
f. Invoicing endorsements and audits when applicable.
g. Reconcile account discrepancies with various carriers.
8. Responsible for servicing and retaining an existing commercial book of business.
9. Assist with the training of new hires.
10. Maintain a rapport with clients and company underwriters.
11. Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients to minimize potentials for error or omission claims. Abide to agency service level standards and quality guidelines.
12. Identify opportunities for process improvement, efficiencies or consistencies. Determine strategies for implementing process improvement into the team.
13. Any other duties that may be assigned.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top