Assistant Account Manager
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Howalt+McDowell, a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inSioux Falls, SDmay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Job Summary: Provide assistance toClientAdvocate'sin the billing and processing of all new and renewal commercial business.
- Responsible for invoicing new, renewal, endorsements and audits.
- Assist with producing certificates of insurance, including renewal certificates, applications, and daily requests from Insureds.
- Provide clerical preparation for new and renewal policies, including setting-up both the Insured and agency copies, verifying original order, checking company forms.
- Validate policy accuracy with a detailed comparison between current and renewal policies.
- Process endorsements and audits when received back from companies, including checking for accuracy. Bill endorsement or audit if needed and assemble letter to the Insured to send with endorsement or audit.
- Assist in updating and creating detail in Agency Management System or other word processing documents/spreadsheets.
- Create Schedule of Insurance to be included with policy for delivery.
- Reconcile account discrepancies with the various carriers.
- Answer client questions via phone, e-mail or otherwise as necessary to resolve situations or provide additional clarity to clients.
- Process and send out Auto ID Cards as applicable.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, efficiencies or consistencies within the Client Representative scope.
- Work closely with Client Advocate's to ensure all correspondence and information delivered to client is accurate and up to date.
- Read, practice and live the Code of Conduct for the agency. Be a participant in maintaining a strong work environment and culture for all team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that instills good working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Computer proficiency with Management System, Outlook, Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, faxing from PC and Internet search. Establishes priorities and organizes time efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed deadlines. Education Requirements: P&C License required within six months of hire. CISR, INS, AU, or CIC designation required within 3 years.
Back to top