Asset Management Assistant Controller
The MMCAssistant Controller is responsible for all activities of the controllership function in the operating company with oversight for general accounting, financial reporting and financial systems. This role "co-owns" all accounting decisions for the operating company and reports to the MMC Opco Controller. TheAssistant Controller is specifically responsible for the day to day activities of the controllership function in the assigned operating company and ensures that financial information is complete, accurate, and delivered timely. The role is also responsible for and ensures that the company's internal controls and financial compliance responsibilities are met. The role is able to work in a matrix organization, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, drive execution while being very collaborative and promote a team environment.
- Accountable for the basics including the control environment, the trial balance, all accounting decisions and the quality of commentary, analysis and reporting. Responsible for quality and accuracy of the financials, all related accounting decisions, integrity of internal control compliance, timeliness and quality of all routine submissions including statutory filings and internal and external audits.
- Ability to quickly attain deep technical knowledge across multiple revenue streams while actively cascading that knowledge to help build strong and well informed operational and project teams.
- Responsible for continuously identifying more efficient and effective ways of operating to secure cross-opco efficiencies, reduce wastage, improve speed and enhance quality.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sets clear targets that take account of differing priorities of stakeholders and holds others accountable for the quality of support and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders, checks-in periodically and intervenes decisively when required.
- Achieves and maintains sufficient awareness of operating company risks, operational issues and challenges to allow for proactive intervention when required and provide detailed updates to senior management.
- Provides strong proactive support to operating company controller. Supports the resolution of technical accounting matters including research and documentation and liaises closely with accounting operations team.
- Is responsible for achieving closing timetables, overseeing and adherence to regulatory, statutory and tax requirements. Supports the development of regional level accounting policies and procedures, where required, and presents financial statements for the assigned region.
- Participates in the budget process. Coordinates year end statutory, audit and tax financial requirements ensuring the rules and regulations are complied with.
- Maintains a strong stakeholder engagement partnering with other finance and business colleagues in day to day operations and special projects. Ability to interface with others while working in a matrix organization. Delivers continuous improvement. Ability to drive consistent execution.
Education (degree / diploma):
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or similar discipline required.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5-7years in accounting or finance
- Experience in Asset Management industry required
Knowledge and skills (general and technical):
- Provides and oversees financial information for the country functions and infrastructure including firm wide initiatives.
- Ability to lead and drive change within a transforming and matrix organization.
- Streamlines and standardizes financial activities and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Stakeholder management and engagement, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet targeted deadlines, strong internal control background, technically proficient in US GAAP and local requirements and legislation
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top