This position is responsible for developing custom software solutions to support the business requirements. They are required to have proficiency and knowledge in tools that are relevant to that project. Application developers will work with senior colleagues to get an understanding of the requirements, test code and make changes based on comments. This position will focus on regional projects and is typically responsible for one project, utilize one or more technologies per project requirements.
- Responsible for application development using various software technologies (identified in Knowledge and Skills section).
- Writes programs according to specifications from technical design team.
- Integrates technical components into working application.
- Participate in technical design and review along with Senior Technical Specialist.
- Understands Business Processes.
Testing & Quality Assurance:
- Performs quality, unit test and system tests as required.
- Creates unit test cases and participates in unit tests and systems tests as needed.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance Analysts to ensure code quality.
- System analysis and debugging skills.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
- Resolves customer issues with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Solutions Delivery / Program Management:
- Manage the lifecycle of the solutions delivery process from Design to System testing
- Communicate with Business Analyst and the Project managers on a project by project basis.
- Responsible for reviewing code.
- Create and maintain documents as a part of solution delivery process.
- Ensure that they use business standards and participate in tollgates reviews.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top