Analyst II - Catastrophe Advisory / R&D
- Bloomington, MN
This position will be an expert on the tools designed and developed by the Analytics Modernization program. They will evaluate and validate new and existing functions, identify and analyze end-user issues and provide support through standardized processes, tools, workflow analysis and testing to ensure end-user requirements are fulfilled. This position is responsible for analyzing business level data in collaboration with analytics colleagues globally, with a critical eye for perceiving actionable insights that will add value to the organization and our clients.
This role serves as a collaborative liaison between our global analytics colleagues and the development teams (both internal and external) working to elicit and define system requirements and turn them into technical specifications.
- Work with stakeholders from across the Global Strategic Advisory organization, third party data providers, and development partners to define and document business processes and software requirements.
- Influence user design experiences to lead initiatives that will formulate and mature our next generation customer and colleague user experiences in the areas of analytics dashboards, analytics report automation, data wrangling, and automation assisted workflow designs.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements that translate internal and external customer needs into technology solutions promoting the company's strategic goals for Analytics Modernization
- Identify business needs and compile reports that are delivered to developers, following up on all results
- Interact with the business to identify, capture and analyze business requirements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Develop functional specifications in a team environment including written user stories
- Design business feature test plans
- Create written documentation such as user guides, FAQs, etc.
- Develop training materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Business Management or related field required.
- Strong experience in (re)insurance analytics is required. The position requires an analytical thinker who has ingenious, creative ideas and enjoys collaborative problem-solving with technological improvements.
- 3+ years of related insurance industry work experience
- Advanced SQL database management skills, experience with R or Python also a plus
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, preferably with technical writing skills
- Basic project management acumen
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top