Administrative Assistant / Project Coordinator
- New York, NY
Overview: The Administrative Assistant / Project Coordinator will support the North America M&A Team by providing an in-depth knowledge of administrative procedures and tools required. Must handle highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity while communicating openly and often among team members. Continually strives to promote smooth workflow and ensure client and employee needs are met. Ensures Mercer standards are used in all document production.
- Edit and create documents using advanced technical skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel while ensuring all documents produced adhere to Mercer's global identity/document standards
- Utilize strong critical thinking, discretion and follow-through skills to monitor and manage various tasks and projects on behalf of leadership team
- Provide editorial peer review of documents before final production/distribution to ensure quality control of final product
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and data tracking files using Microsoft Excel or other software
- Manage calendars; schedule extensive meetings
- Arrange domestic and international travel
- Complete consultant time entry weekly
- Process and/or coordinate completion of expense reports in a timely manner while adhering to best practices and expense control
- Handle monthly client invoicing (using Mercer's proprietary system), including project code set-up/ management
- Assist team with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned. Provide back-up support within and outside of the M&A business area as needed
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and experience are required:
- College degree
- 3-5 years of senior administrative assistant/project coordinator experience, preferably in a consulting environment or professional service industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance
- Laser focus on attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong project coordination/management skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the capability to work well under pressure to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with the ability to make decisions with limited direction
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication and time management skills
- Must have flexibility to work additional hours at short notice, as needed, to meet team goals; the work will, at times, require extended and irregular hours to perform essential duties
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Location: This position will be located in our NewYork or Chicago office.
About Mercer's M&A Transaction Services Business: Mercer's M&A Transaction Services is the pre-eminent global advisor on people issues. We help buyers and sellers in corporate and private equity transactions mitigate people risks and manage the complex organizational challenges that arise from all types of transactions.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top